Sample job interview questions
One can’t specify sample job interview questions because they may vary from organization to organization and their inclusion in an interview also depends upon the nature of the job. If a job needs high level of behavioral requirements like a marketing job then more and more questions would pertain to previous professional background and overall life of a candidate.
Job Interview Guides are helpful to make the job interview preparation in befitting manner.
A list of sample job interview questions is nice to grasp the entire possibilities one may face during an interview but one should not confine one’s preparation just focusing the list. There are four broad categories of questions interviewer asks to a candidate and these are:
• Introductory questions
• Personal questions
• Educational questions
• Professional questions
Introductory questions list may comprises of following questions as sample job interview questions but one cannot say for sure that this is the complete list because interviewer may ask some other questions or exchange pleasantries at the beginning of the interview to relax the candidate.
• Tell me about yourself.
• Why are you interested in working for this company?
• Do you feel this job quite fit for you?
• How did you know vacancy position here?
• Did you reach here without any problem?
• Did you find this place easily?
• Tell me about your education.
• Why have you chosen this particular field?
• What were your favorite subjects in school/college?
• What subject did you dislike most and why?
• What were your hobbies in student life?
• Which sports you played in school/college?
• Describe your best/worst boss.
• In a job, what interests you most/least?
• What is your major weakness?
• Give an example of how you solved a problem in the past.
• What are your strengths?
• How do others describe you?
• What do you consider the most important idea you contributed or your most noteworthy accomplishment in your last job?
• Where do you see yourself in three years?
• How do you think you will fit into this operation?
• If you were hired, what ideas/talents could you contribute to the position or our company?
• Give an example where you showed leadership and initiative.
• Give an example of when you were able to contribute to a team project.
• What have you done to develop or change in the last few years?
• Do you like traveling?
• What is your hobby?
• Your favorite book
• Your favorite pastime activity
• Are choosy in friendship or people’s person?
The list given above of sample job interview questions does not end here because it ups to an interviewer how he or she evaluates your overall personality including your professional and educational accomplishments. However the tone and mood of the most of the questions would be like that of above but their exactness cannot be guaranteed in any case. One must be fully prepared to face any kind of questions and should not be confused if any unusual or funny question is asked by the interviewer. For more detail click here