How Can I Get a Student Visa
So you have decided to go abroad for further studies. Good decision, if you implement it with due care. Here due care means avoiding any kind of lapses, omissions and mistakes to eventually study abroad successfully. Good beginning is half done, as the saying goes, so you have to start rightly from the very beginning to take every step after getting proper information and guidance.
How can I get a student visa, the first step
How can I get a student visa, is not a simple question nor is its answer so simple. If you have completed a certain level of education from your own country and now want to go overseas for higher studies you must do the following work before applying for a student visa:
- Make an extensive search through internet to evaluate the scope of your subject in future to decide whether you should continue your same subjects for further studies or to change them.
- Seek advice from elder family members and friends on whether you should continue your present subject of studies or change it.
- Make online research of all such institutions all over the world which offer courses in your field of studies.
- Shortlist these institutions after checking their standard of education and category of the country where they operate like; is it a developed country, developing country or least developed country.
- Thereafter develop a final list of all such educational institutions of foreign countries where you can fulfill their requirements easily like minimum marks for admission, amount of fee, expenses for boarding and lodging.
- Also check whether the degrees offered by these institutions meet your requirements like their acceptability all over the world, provision of further studies with full privileges etc
- Last but not least is the point that the country – where your selected institution is operative – must be congenial for your cultural, racial and economic survival.
How can I get a student visa, is a question which canâ€™t be replied practically unless you decide which country you want to go for higher studies. Every country has its own requirements which you must meet to proceed there to make your dream of higher studies come true. The basic requirements to apply for student visa of any country is your educational grades, which means you must be first educationally eligible to get the admission in your desired educational institution of that country. After that you have to get admission there before formally applying for the student visa of that country.
Is it Mission Impossible to get a student visa?
How can I get a student visa? It is not a theoretical question. It is itself so much practical and its reply is also so practical. For applying student visa of a country of your choice you must do the following;
- Do research through internet to know all the necessary requirements to get student visa in the country of your choice.
- Contact the nearest embassy or consulate of that country and get necessary documents to apply for the student visa.
- Fill the documents with the help of any consultant or any senior fellow who knows how to fill various visa forms and attach all necessary documents as desired by the visa issuing authority.
- Recheck all the filled and attached documents before their submission in visa office of the country of your choice.
- Submit the documents and get information regarding further process and be ready to comply with further instructions as and when given by the visa issuing authority.
Please note that you are not eligible to apply for a student visa unless you get admission in a foreign country where you want to go for higher studies. After selecting a foreign educational institution of your choice through the guidelines given above, you have to fulfill all the admission requirements of your selected institute to get its admission letter to attach it with your visa application.
To know about various requirements of student visa read Student Visa Requirements
Which countryâ€™s visa is easiest to get?
|Answers by students||Percentage of Answers|
Select a foreign educational institute and course of study which must make you eligible of student visa of that country. To issue you a student visa, the visa issuing authority of every country considers your country of citizenship, the course you wish to study, the institution where you want to get admission and your financial position.
Every country has its own visa system and criteria to allow foreign students for studies on its land. To get UK student visa you need 40 points in total out of which up to 30 points are awarded for the institute and course you are enrolled in while 10 points are for your financial capacity to study abroad. For US student visa you have to prove that you have permanent residence in your country of citizenship and enough funds to not only study abroad but also you would happily come home after studies to continue a decent living. For student visa of Australia or Canada too, your main qualification is your financial position to study abroad without any help of any part-time or full-time job.
Where to apply for student visa?
Apply for student visa of your selected country in visa office located in your home country. Usually every country runs its visa office in its embassy or consulate in each foreign country. After popularity of internet, most of the countries offer their visa application forms online and for your convenience we also offer (free of cost) visa application form of selected number of countries on this website. You can download your required form and fulfill all requirements with due care and submit it with all required attachments to designated visa office of the country of your choice located in your country.
What type of student visa do you need?
If you want to study abroad after completing 16 yearsâ€™ regular and formal education in your home country, you need a general student visa. The countries where huge numbers of students want to go for studies have put different names to regular student visa but the purpose of all of them is same. In UK it is called Tier 4 student visa, in US it is called F1 visa while in Australia the type of student visa depends upon your country of citizenship and your chosen subjects.
How much money you need to get a student visa? Itâ€™s really a million dollar question but donâ€™t worry you donâ€™t need million dollars for that. Howsoever money you have, but the basic requirement is to make visa authority believe that you really have required amount of money. Sometimes excellent paperwork to show your affluence remains insufficient because of its poor description while sometimes even you hardly have that much amount of required money but it seems that financially you are so strong to get student visa of any rich country because of your presentation of facts. In any case you have to prove you are not going abroad for a purpose other than studies because it is the main point of consideration for every visa issuing authority.
You must meet all the requirements for student visa to go abroad for further studies. Many countries require you to prove your capacity to afford your entire course expenses including tuition fee, boarding and lodging expenses, medical expenses and other emergency expenditures while few countries need proof of your financial capability to meet the first yearâ€™s all the above expenditures.
For study in UK you have to give documentary evidence of your financial strength to pay first yearâ€™s course fee which vary from institute to institute plus an amount to cover living costs for nine months. For education in Australia you have to show an amount sufficient to pay return air fare, course fees and to cover your living expenses. Similarly US visa issuing authority strictly examines your liquid assets (like cash in bank or in hand) to meet first yearâ€™s living and educational expenses apart from readily available money to meet all such expenses for the second year.
Please remember if you fulfill the student visa requirements of a country with your level best and leave no any shortcoming in your documentation and provide actual facts and figures without any hiding or overstatement, you can get a student visa of a country of your choice without any difficulty.Do You Like This Post?